P2P day 45


Day 45....the penultimate day of the trip.  Just wanted to write the word penultimate, sounds smart.  Today’s weather made this day a final test of everyone’s dedication to the trip.  Once again, a lot of riders hopped in the van.   Not only was it a day with a lot of hills but it rained the last 50 of the 83 miles.  High temp was 52 and low was 37.  Even with the right winter weather gear I arrived at the hotel with numb fingers and toes.  I did mention the other day that taking pictures in the rain when riding is tough but I managed to get a few.

State #14.  Is that a threat on the sign?  Doesn’t seem very Bievenue-ing to me.  

The roads are steep in the Adirondacks and the White Mountains. 

Locals call it “The Kanc”.  Coming from the West I’m not too impressed with the elevation but I usually take pictures of summit signs. 

You can’t see the rain in this picture but flying down these hills dodging these “fissures” can be nerve wracking.  In general the road surfaces have sucked from Wisconsin to here.  

Headed to Portland for a day at the beach tomorrow. 


Out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

P2P day 14

P2P day 16

P2P days 42 and 43