P2P day 44


Day 44.  If you are familiar with the term “sag wagon” then you know this already but for those who don’t know, it’s the vehicle you get in during a ride or race when your life sucks at that moment for one reason or another.  You can also get into the sag wagon on an almost daily basis because you are just flat out unprepared to ride your bike across the fat part of North America......I won’t name any names just in case this person finds my blog.  Today 5 of 14 riders lives sucked bad enough to hop in the sag wagon.  103 miles, 50 miles of rain, 50 degrees, 3 very steep climbs including an 8-miler with plenty of 10% gradient.

Rode my bike to Vermont....just sayin’.  This was taken just across a bridge over Lake Champlain.  No sighting of Champy so I guess the myth continues. 

Today’s numbers.  If your a cyclist you know this means “ a monster day”.  Not a lake monster but a pretty wet one regardless. 

Another picture of “the monster”

Earned it.  

I know I’ve given you grief Marty about you posting pictures of food but I wanted some fill for today’s blog and tonight’s buffet was pretty good.  Also had champagne and birthday cake for another rider’s 60th.

This time tomorrow I’ll be in North Conway, NH and one day closer.  95%  chance of rain the whole way......so you’re saying there’s a chance it’ll be dry??????

Out. 





Comments

  1. Do they even say "Charcutterie" in Vermont? Or is it just "cured meats?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P2P day 14

P2P day 16

P2P days 42 and 43