P2P days 40 and 41


Day 40 (Thursday) was our final off day and was spent in Corning. NY.  What off day is complete without a trip to the laundromat?  After my chores were done it was time for a massage......I’m not talking about one of those massages you get in the “massage parlor” in the strip mall that gets raided every couple months.  I’m talking tear inducing deep tissue massage of the legs and other cycling muscles.  I’ve been getting them every few days from Tara, the Trek massage therapist who seems to know how to get some bursitis in my knee to shut up for a couple days after each massage.  After the massage I visited the Corning Glass Museum which is huge and very interesting.  It has everything from contemporary glass art to stained glass, glassware, ancient glass and even displays about auto and architectural glass.  Photos were forbidden in most areas but I thought the piece pictured below was interesting.


The description of this is a shattered 
chandelier that it is a metaphor for the gradual disappearance of the traditional glass industry in Murano Italy which Heather and I visited last year.  The chandelier was made and intentionally dropped. 



This is from day 39 when we rode from Bradford, PA to Corning, NY.  All those bright colors meant it was a wet one.





Day 41 brought us through Ithaca, NY into the small town of Cazenovia.  I took this picture of the Ithaca gorge near the Cornell University campus.  It a beautiful gorge but unfortunately is known more for the high number of suicides of Cornell students leaping from its several bridges.





Tonight’s hotel, The Brewster Inn.



The hotels grounds and lake access.  An off day would have been nice here as well.




I put this one in just because I like pictures of myself.  Tara seems to like taking pictures of riders then messing with them.  Looks like I was photoshopped onto a cheesy Thomas Kincaid painting.  Are there Thomas Kincaid paintings that are not cheesy?  


Headed to Piseco, NY tomorrow with just 5 days remaining.  

Out

Comments

  1. Great pics bro. Especially the 'Paul rides a bike mural'. Typical Steffenson, always posting pictures of oneself.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

P2P day 14

P2P day 16

P2P days 42 and 43